This Wiki is an attempt at rebooting the Sinclair FAQ.
The long term aim is for it to replace the existing stagnant Sinclair FAQs and Tech Wiki as an up to date repository for Sinclair related information on the internet.
If you would like to contribute to articles please register/log in.
Note: if you created an account before the Wiki was moved from the zxshed site your old username/password should still be valid.
The wiki is slowly growing, there are several full articles now but it still needs contributions. Please take a look at SinclairFAQ talk:What Needs Doing to see what parts of the wiki you can help with.
Frequently asked questions—start here!
- Original models: ZX Spectrum 16k/48k | ZX Spectrum+ 128K | ZX Spectrum +2 | ZX Spectrum +2A/2B, +3/3B | Timex 2000 series
- Compatible systems and clones: SAM Coupé | Speccy2010 | ZX Spectrum SE
- Components: Schematics | AY-3-8912 | ZX Spectrum ULA | Z80 | ZX Spectrum edge connector
- Behaviour: Contended memory | Contended IO | Floating bus | Spectrum Video Modes
Hardware maintenance: Replacement Components
- Floppy drives: External floppy drives on the Spectrum +3 | Beta Disk | +D | DISCiPLE | Didaktik 80 | MB-02+ | Opus Discovery
- Other storage: DivIDE | ZX Interface 1 (Microdrive and ZX Network) | Messenger | Mirage Microdriver | Multiface One/128/3 | Rotronics Wafadrive
- Mouse/joystick: AMX Mouse | Kempston | ZX Interface 2
- Printers: ZX Printer
- Speech synthesis: SP0256
- Networking: Spectranet
- Native: FZX | Spectrum tape interface
- Tape: HDF
- Tape: PZX | TAP | TZX
- Snapshot: SNA | Z80 | ZX-State (SZX)
The Tech Wiki which contains corrections to some of the material in the c.s.s faq reference section, and details of new projects such as the ULAplus, and the "128Ke" idealised Spectrum 128K specification.
The comp.sys.sinclair FAQ which contains the majority of the technical information about the Sinclair ZX80, ZX81, and Spectrum range of computers