Newer edit →
Magnetic Disk Storage System
853 bytes added
01:18, 3 September 2018
Created page with "===Magnetic Disk Storage System=== Magnetic storage is a non-volatile storage of data. The magnetic disk is a successor to magnetic tape. There are lot of common things: enc..."
===Magnetic Disk Storage System===
Magnetic storage is a non-volatile storage of data.
The magnetic disk is a successor to magnetic tape. There are lot of common things: encoding, tracks, gaps, marks, etc. The magnetic tape is sequential media, but the disk is (quasi-)random access media.
A magnetic disk storage system practically divided into three part:
* Disk controller
* Disk drive
There are two main magnetic disk storage system:
* Fixed disk or Hard disk - disks are not removable
* Floppy disk - disk is removable, the medium is changeable in the drive
==Floppy disk storage==
The parts of the system:
* Floppy Disk Controller ([[FDC]]) - a high level interface between the CPU and the disk drive
* Floppy Disk Drive ([[FDD]]) - the low level device for performing basic operations
* [[Floppy Disk]] - the storage medium itself
Retrieved from ‘
Help about MediaWiki