The aim of this wiki is to provide an up to date repository for Sinclair related information on the internet.
If you would like to contribute to articles please register/log in.
The wiki is slowly growing, there are several full articles now but it still needs contributions. Please take a look at SinclairFAQ talk:What Needs Doing to see what parts of the wiki you can help with.
Frequently asked questions—start here!
- Original models: ZX Spectrum 16K/48K | ZX Spectrum 128 | ZX Spectrum +2 | ZX Spectrum +2A/2B, +3/3B | Timex 2000 series
- Compatible systems and clones: T34VG1 | SAM Coupé | Speccy2010 | ZX Spectrum SE
- Components: Schematics | AY-3-8912 | ZX Spectrum ULA | Z80 | ZX Spectrum edge connector
- Behaviour: Contended memory | Contended I/O | Floating bus | Spectrum Video Modes
Hardware maintenance: Replacement Components
- Floppy drives: External floppy drives on the Spectrum +3 | Beta Disk | +D | DISCiPLE | Didaktik 80 | MB-02+ | Opus Discovery
- Other storage: DivIDE | ZX Interface 1 (Microdrive and ZX Network) | Messenger | Mirage Microdriver | Multiface One/128/3 | Rotronics Wafadrive
- Mouse/joystick: AMX Mouse | Kempston | ZX Interface 2
- Printers: ZX Printer
- Speech synthesis: SP0256
- Networking: Spectranet
- Modern hardware
- Native: FZX | Spectrum tape interface
- Disk: DSK/EDSK | UDI | TRD | SCL | MGT/IMG | OPD/OPU | D40/D80 | HDF
- Tape: PZX | TAP | TZX
- Snapshot: SNA | Z80 | ZX-State (SZX)
- The Tech Wiki which contains older versions of much of this material, and details of the "128Ke" idealised Spectrum 128K specification.
- The comp.sys.sinclair FAQ which contains the majority of the technical information about the Sinclair ZX80, ZX81, and Spectrum range of computers