This wiki is an attempt at rebooting the Sinclair FAQ.
At the moment it is simply an experiment to see whether the Sinclair community think it is a suitable way to take the FAQ forwards, and whether it will encourage participation and hopefully avoid the pitfalls that have plagued the original FAQ and the Tech Wiki.
If this experiment is successful the aim is for it to replace the existing Sinclair FAQs and Tech Wiki as a central repository for Sinclair related information on the internet.
To edit pages please register/log in.
The wiki is slowly growing, there are several full articles now but it still needs contributions. Please take a look at SinclairFAQ_talk:What Needs Doing to see what parts of the wiki you can help with.
Frequently asked questions - start here!
- Original models: ZX Spectrum 16k/48k | ZX Spectrum+ 128K | ZX Spectrum +2 | ZX Spectrum +2A/2B, +3/3B | Timex 2000 series
- Compatible systems and clones: SAM Coupé | Speccy2010 | ZX Spectrum SE
- Components: Schematics | AY-3-8912 | The Spectrum ULA | Z80 | ZX Spectrum Edge Connector
- Behaviour: Contended memory | Contended IO | Floating bus | Spectrum Video Modes
Hardware maintenance: Replacement Components
- Storage: DivIDE | +D | DISCiPLE | ZX Interface 1 (Microdrive and ZX Network) | External floppy drives on the Spectrum +3 | Messenger
- Mouse/Joystick: Kempston | ZX Interface 2
- Printers: ZX Printer
- Native: FZX | Spectrum tape interface
- Tape: HDF
- Tape: PZX | TAP | TZX
- Snapshot: SNA | Z80 | ZX-State (SZX)
The Tech Wiki which contains corrections to some of the material in the c.s.s faq reference section, and details of new projects such as the ULAplus, and the "128Ke" idealised Spectrum 128K specification.
The comp.sys.sinclair FAQ which contains the majority of the technical information about the Sinclair ZX80, ZX81, and Spectrum range of computers